About Me

My photo
I studied Illustration at The North Wales School Of Art And Design, and am now attempting to promote myself as a freelance illustrator. I am currently based in Wrexham, North Wales. However I shall be relocating to Northampton later this year.

Thursday 31 March 2011

Sleepless Phoenix Blog Work

As well as working on the posters for the student guild, I have been taken on as The Sleepless Phoenix's official blogger, I receive info every month on 2 posts that are to be posted bi-monthly. Posts can be found regularly at, http://thesleeplessphoenix.blogspot.com/

The latest post I've been working on required me to design a poster asking for more artists to submit work for the next anthology.


Also I posted this on the blog along with the poster:

"Here at The Sleepless Phoenix we have come to a peculiar problem - no one seems to be a comic book artist! The Ages Anthology has been inundated with writers, which is awesome, but we need artists to illustrate these fantastic story entries! Therefore, Comic-book artists, Graphic-novelists, Illustrators and Art Students, we are calling you out!
Artists please send any previous sequential artwork you have done as a submission to … along with anything you think we might be interested in seeing, Blogs etc.
Also to you writers who have or want to submit strips, if you have an artist in mind or know an artist who could illustrate your work, or even if you are a writer and an artist and want to illustrate your own story, let us know or get the artists in contact with us.

This is a promotional poster asking for artists. Anyone who knows our team; bought the Survival stories anthology or is just interested in helping us publish our next anthology; please spread the word and if possible put the posters up where artists might see it. I will be putting one in the art building at my Uni; we hope you to do similar :)

Thank you everyone for the support you give us.

Check back with us soon for a look at the first strips to become part of the Ages Anthology!"

No comments:

Post a Comment